This document contains the terms and conditions for use of the Central Okanagan Community Food Website (http://www.communityfood.ca). Please read this page before using the Central Okanagan Community Food Website and contact us if you have any trouble with its content, as we welcome your input.
Henceforth, the Central Okanagan Community Food Website will be noted as COCF, and shall be taken to include: the University of British Columbia, the Central Okanagan Food Policy Council and all researchers, participants and funding partners.
• Views and opinions expressed on this website by individuals do not necessarily reflect the views of COCF
• Access to parts of the Website is restricted to authorised persons. If you believe you have been granted access to any document or file by mistake, please leave the restricted section immediately and contact us as soon as possible. Please also contact us if we have notified you that you are permitted to access a restricted part of the Website but are unable to obtain access to it.
• The documents and files hosted on the restricted sections of the Website are confidential. You must not distribute the documents and files hosted in these areas except to persons authorised to read them. If you believe that you may have been granted access to a document or file by mistake you must not download it, copy it, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person.
• We reserve the right to remove you from the authorised list of users for any restricted area of the Website at any time.
• You must not allow any other person to use your password. If you believe someone else knows your password you must change it immediately and contact us as soon as possible.
• If you access the Website from a shared PC, during your access to the Website you will be responsible for all instructions received by us between the time you pass the security procedure until you exit the Website. This includes any input errors or instructions sent by someone other than you whilst you are still logged onto the Website.
• COCF will not be liable for any loss including but not limited to the following (whether such losses are foreseen, known or otherwise) loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, any indirect, consequential or exemplary damages.
• COCF expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use this website whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise, omissions, out of date information or otherwise, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and COCF had been advised of the possibility of the same. Consequential and indirect loss and damage shall include but not be limited to loss of profits, loss of goodwill, and wasted expenditure.
• The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of this website is obtained entirely at the user's own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, even if such loss and damage was reasonably foreseeable and COCF had been advised of the possibility of the same.
• COCF does not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites that can be accessed through this website and does not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
• COCF does not warrant that the functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
• The names, images and logos identifying COCF or third parties in their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of COCF and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms should be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of COCF or any third party.
• COCF may change these terms at any time by posting the changes online and your continued use of the Website after such changes are posted means you agree to be bound by these terms as amended.
• These terms shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Canada.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. The data we collect will be securely stored at UBC Okanagan, Kelowna, British Columibia, Canada. All printed information released for external use will be purged of anything that might identify you including names or email addresses. However, your participation may not be strictly anonymous in that your identity may become known to others that participate, or who post content on the mapping website. If in the future we would like to follow up on some of the information you provide, you will be contacted first to request your further participation. No other use will be made of the contact information that we have collected, should you choose to provide such information.
For questions related to this research, please contact Dr. Jon Corbett at 250-807-9348, or email at jon.corbett[at]ubc.ca. Concerns related to your rights as a participant in this session can be addressed at 604-822-8598 or 250-807-8832 or email at rsil[at]ors.ubc.ca.